Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Market Director Pharmacy Operations - Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis, MN 55113 United States
Director of Field Operations
Director of Pharmacy
Pharmacy Operations Manager
Responsible for developing and executing strategies to enhance the value of the company’s pharmacy, health and wellness offerings in the community. Leads the expansion of pharmacy, clinical, health, and wellness service offerings and cultivates relationships with health plans, healthcare providers and local governments.
Job Responsibilities n/or time spent)
- Leads the development of strategic plans to promote pharmacy, health and wellness revenue with approval of market vice president and drives execution of the plan. Partners with account executives, market and district leaders in identification and prioritization of external relationship opportunities with local hospital systems and jointly develop action plans. Understands plan risks, determines mitigation steps and drives behaviors throughout the market to execute these strategies and deliver results.
- Responsible for setting goals to expand clinical, health and wellness service offerings. Builds relationships with health plans, healthcare providers, hospital systems, and local governments. Identifies and develops local opportunities.
- Leads pharmacy related activities within the market, building relationships with the community and patients. Seamlessly integrates businesses and people across points of care at the market level to drive employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Provides market level vision tailored from the corporate Pharmacy, Health and Wellness Strategy.
- Develops relationships with pharmacy professional organizations and colleges to build recruitment and professional networking pipeline. Represents Walgreens at external industry and professional events.
- Leads communications related to best practices, corporate healthcare directives and market-level health programs and effectively communicates the strategy/vision of the company to all market and district leaders. Supports integration efforts across Walgreens pharmacy, health and wellness business units by coordinating regular meetings.
- Leads market and district leaders to identification of future pharmacy talent, training and development strategies and pharmacy recruitment.
- Drives operational excellence by providing district leaders with performance expectations, corporate defined goal metrics and communicates improvement opportunities. Supports district leaders on holding team members accountable to pharmacy, health and wellness long range targets, initiatives and, strategies by developing plans for execution and success.
- Supports district leaders with recruiting pharmacy supervisors and assists with their professional development by providing input on performance management, monitors performance and assists with the development of action plans as needed. Provides key contribution to succession planning for future leaders.
- Conducts on-site visits to market stores. Coaches district managers and pharmacy supervisors on methods to enhance customer experience while driving performance around core pharmacy business and the chronic patient.
- Build pharmacy staff morale and engagement by leveraging pharmacy expertise and supports the achievement of diversity goals.
- Serves as change management leader for corporate and market-level pharmacy, health and wellness programs. Drives change management implementation through store visits and role modeling behaviors.
- Maintains updated knowledge of pharmacy products, laws and regulations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global healthcare issues and innovations.
Education, training, experience:
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Required licensure as a registered pharmacist in one or more states as granted by the appropriate licensing authority.
- At least 3 years of experience as a pharmacy supervisor or district manager, OR at least 1 year experience in a corporate management role with an operations function combined with at least 2 years experience as a Pharmacy Supervisor or District Manager.
- Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, forecasting, profitability analysis and /or auditing techniques.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations on concepts, strategies, and proposals to various audiences within an organization as well as external audiences.
- Participation in pharmacy industry associations.
- Experience working in a corporate supervisory position in Community Management or Pharmacy Services.
Terms & Conditions